Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fun Finds and Friends


Our Trip to Springfield was a much needed break and tons of fun. We started the weekend with some of the best food in town...Grad School...nothing like the best burger you have ever tasted,home style fries and fish tacos that were out of this world good. Not all on the same plate of course but nibbles off every plate on the table. Saturday held time for much needed family pictures, from a wonderful friend (post to come later) and flea market finds....YEAH for flea marketing...oh how I've missed you. I found this really sweet little "exploring science" book for Story Love. I'm sure it is a little advanced but so so cute. It's basically a wordless book that shows the steps in any given subject with pictures. This is just book 1 of 6. I can already tell I would love to find the others. She already loves it too. A cute vintage bib for Meila True and wonderful Irish Blessing needlework...in my favorite color of green topped it off. eek! I was also able to pick up some chairs to a round table I'm getting from my brother. It was from my childhood and I can't wait to put it in my home. So thankful he is passing it along. For whatever reason, I seem to have this "thing" for round tables. It needs some TLC...paint, refinished, not sure yet...if you have any ideas feel free to share. Regardless, I'm pretty sure it will be fabulous!

If I had been a good girl I would have gotten pics with all the friends we saw. But, i didn't. Oh how wonderful it was to see many though. It never fails...I always walk away wishing I could be in all the places we've made friends...enjoying them all. One Day!
The girls were such great travelers. I always work myself up thinking it's not gonna be easy...all to be pleasantly surprised. Lots of sleeping and ei-ei-o!
Back in 2 weeks! YAY!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Whitney said...

So glad you had a good time! I know you needed that family and friends time...love your pictures and new finds! :)