Saturday, October 23, 2010

where on where have my pictures gone...

Well, no blogging as of late. And a GOOD excuse! About 2 weeks ago, our MAC (yep that's right. those trusty little things.) decided to crash with NO notice. Sending all of our poor information, music and PICS (my main concern) spiraling to it's grave in computer land. Uhhh, how I hate this.

Now confession time:

It honestly is frustrating but has taught us some pretty major things in the mean time. I know it probably sounds dumb that a computer can be so consuming and you might think..."wow, they must really have an addiction problem"....it's not like that....lol. But lets all take an honest look at our daily routine. I by no means am a computer fanatic. I basically do what I need to do...post pics, check FB, look at a few BLOGS (we will come back to that), listen to music and google the much needed instant info of life. Never do I spend hours and hours just browsing the web. BUT...some of the time I was spending was wearing on my idea of what ( I ) was supposed to look like...to the world, not to God. I personally was allowing my blog reads to influence and frustrate my thinking. The need and feeling that I had to "keep up" with everyone else's life and endeavors and candy coated dreams was taking it's toll. Ignoring the fact that I maybe needed to 'fast' from any computer time for awhile was a poor choice on my part. Then out of nowhere...poof, it's all gone. (I'm not suggesting that it's all because of this situation in my heart...so don't get all weirded out on me...but maybe no coincidence.) My initial reaction...made an appointment with the Apple Store for the next morning and allowed myself to be sick about the loss most of the night. Then I listened to the wise counsel of my husband. "Babe, we COULD just wait til I get paid on Friday...considering we don't know how much it will cost to have it fixed and the info recovered. Or, we could even wait til bonus time in November." ME: WHAT! November! Then he suggested that maybe this was a good thing for a while. Not just because of my silly blog reads but just because it slowly takes your time away from just simple family interaction in the evenings. Something so simple that's not in check ( such as time) can rob much joy. So, I took a deep breath and decided to just let it be. I found myself asking the Lord to give me a bigger burden for lost people not lost STUFF. After-all that IS what this life is about, RIGHT!? That might sound silly (like, really, you had to ask that) but it's true. Time is a valuable thing. Am I wasting it? When we have that luxury again great. Don't get me wrong...it has put a kink in things and I am praying that maybe just maybe I will be able to have my pics back...although, I did tell the Lord it was fine if I didn't. But for now, I'm actually enjoying the quiet. Plus...I'm thankful I have a husband that is focused on making us better...and keeping me on track.

For sure some of the blogs help enrich my life...when I keep them in the right place. I will keep reading those. This blog is just about my little life! I'm not trying to be the best at everything. Just ME!

Thanks for hearing me out and hopefully it won't be much longer.

AMY

*fyi: back your computers up on a regular basis...please. and, if you have an suggestions on the best way to go about recovering info, feel free to comment that:)

2 comments:

Amy Sue said...

Well said sweet daughter in law.

Wendy said...

Amy, You have such a given talent with words, it's a God thing!

Very well written! You have made me think...once again! I love how a conversation with you keeps me thinking, never getting bored with the idea that I always have room to change. Is my precious time that I have been given being used for the what it's intended for? Would I be happy with what God sees?